Legal Practitioner Director
- Commercial Law
- Property Law
- Structuring and succession
- Recently acted in high level joint venture agreement for a development site with developed value of $360 million
- The acquisition, development, titling and leasing of commercial/retail development site with developed value of $320 million
Niall Powell is a Legal Practitioner Director and leads the Commercial and Property teams of the Brisbane office at JHK Legal. Niall has over 18 years’ experience working at a variety of commercial law firms.
Throughout his career Niall has acted for and assisted clients in small to medium enterprise in all aspects of commercial and property matters so as to help manage, grow and develop their businesses and investments.
Niall is an excellent communicator and take a holistic approach in providing advice. He always seeks to provide prompt, timely and commercially considered advice appropriate to each client’s individual need and circumstance.
More recently Niall has worked on:
- structuring and re-structuring advice;
- shareholders’ agreements and trusts;
- business sales and purchases;
- financing, mortgage and security advice;
- duty and GST advice;
- commercial, industrial and retail land sales and purchases;
- property due diligence, title structuring and town planning;
- commercial and retail leasing, including off the plan leasing;
- property development transactions (including off the plan sales and purchases);
- sale agent appointment agreements and property management agreements;
- succession, estate planning and administration and elder law; and
- employment matters.
Niall was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia and currently holds a practicing certificate in Queensland.
Education – LLB (Hons)
Outside of the law Niall is an avid cyclist.