JHK Legal is an innovative Australian company that is looking to redefine the public’s perception of a law firm by offering an approachable, expedient and economically transparent legal service to the whole of Australia. Over the past 10 years as a firm, we have expanded and grown to over 60 staff across Australia and have operating offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Our vision as a law firm is to take law out of the past and into the present ensuring our firm is constantly evolving to exceed our client’s requirements and expectations and the largest aspect of this is our people.
We have worked hard to develop an organisational culture that stands out from the rest, this is largely driven by our corporate strategy of “All the Way with JHK”, which strives for having all our clients, all our staff and all the community all the way with JHK and is achieved through a designated sets of pillars and principles with accountability as the backbone.
The JHK Legal team is driven by the pillars of:
2. economic transparency;
4. quality; and
5. being on the “JHK bus”
With regard to your legal skills, you will be an Australian legal practitioner and have a minimum of 7+8 years’ post admission experience in Queensland as a commercial/corporate lawyer. More specifically, your skills include:
• Share sales and purchases, restructures and mergers
• Shareholders’, joint venture and partnership agreements;
• Service agreements, terms of trade and contractor agreements
• Business sales and purchases and franchising
• Corporate advice and trusts, including establishment and rollovers relating to Self-Managed Super Funds
• Duty & GST
• Preparation and review of loans and security documents
• PPSR advice
• must be comfortable in running files from beginning to end
• be an enthusiastic and positive team player and collaborator
• be a self- starter, well organised with the ability to meet deadlines and accountable
• have high professional and ethical standards
• be confident and an excellent communicator – verbally and in writing
• be aligned with the firm’s values and culture
Ideally, we would like the person to have experience in all of the above and be ready to commence as soon as possible
Remuneration will be comparable with experience.
The benefits of working with us are endless! As well as working amongst an amazing office culture, JHK Legal offers flexible working arrangements with a major focus on work life harmony. There will also be opportunity for internal progression, tailored bonus structures, industry memberships, several internal staff competitions (including chances to win weekends away), as well as bi-monthly staff dinners and events to celebrate wins as a team! Feel free to get a feel for the firm by checking out our Instagram account @aamena-hussein
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please include details of;
• your admission as an Australian legal practitioner
• extent of your relevant legal experience
• your personal qualities
• why you would be a good fit with JHK Legal
• what you think you could gain from working at JHK
Please put in the email subject line: Your name, Associate, Brisbane CBD
We advise that only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.