Legal Practitioner Director
- Bachelor of law (hons)
- Bachelor of arts (distinction)
- Graduate diploma in legal practice
- Commercial Law
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Advised both lenders and borrowers on a number of +$30million lending deals including recently, a $120million deal
- Provided advice and legal due diligence on a $40million purchase of business
Sarah Jones is a Legal Practitioner Director at JHK Legal. Throughout her career, she has assisted clients in a broad range of sectors, including new business and business structuring, business sales and purchases, banking and finance, commercial litigation, contract disputes and insolvency. In 2018, Sarah was named Banking and Finance Partner of the Year by Lawyers Weekly.
Recently Sarah has:
- Advised both lenders and borrowers on a number of +$30million lending deals including recently, a $120million deal;
- Provided advice and legal due diligence on a $40million purchase of business;
- Acted in Supreme Court proceedings in respect of a defamation action and dispute as to the validity of the appointment of a president at annual general meeting;
- Acted in various Supreme Court and Federal Court proceedings dealing with businesses and amounts exceeding $1million; and
- Provided, on a pro-bono basis, advice to various not-for-profit organisations on corporate governance.
Sarah also has extensive experience providing advice to various purchasers and sellers of businesses, lenders and borrowers, franchisees and franchisors, and new corporations in the small-medium space.
Sarah is an excellent communicator and always willing to go the extra mile to problem solve and assist her clients.
Sarah has practised in all Australian jurisdictions and currently holds a practicing certificate in New South Wales.
Outside of the law Sarah enjoys reading, spending time with friends and family, and exploring new restaurants.